Henri Lee’s Vision for a Better World
When people talk about the need to change the world, often what is mising is a point B, a vision for the future. If we really want to shift the status quo, we need to have foresight, a long range view and some basic tenets to start focussing on.
But the vision is the big one.
To get the ball rolling, we’ve attempted to draft up a kind of “Henri Lee Humanistic Conception,” which is really just a basic statement of values and preliminary directives for the better world to come.
Call us a bunch of rampant idealists all you want. Guilty as charged, dreamers we are. If our lives are the product of our thoughts, and we paint the pictures of our imaginations each and every moment we dwell on this earth, then we have to dream.
Think unashamedly big, if we want to build something great!
The Henri Lee Humanistic Conception
Henri Lee envisions a world in which…
- Love and truth really come into vogue
- Deception and fear become relics of the past
- Violence is a nonexistent phenomenon; war, no longer an accepted means of conduct
- Individuals empower themselves with free access to knowledge and information
- A balance of commerce returns to the community with emphasis on “Localisation”
- Spirituality is openly discussed and explored to bridge learning between wisdom traditions and religions
- Human sexuality is candidly explored, discussed, debunked and emancipated from societal guilt, fear and disinformation
- Society’s “scripts” are overhauled and binned if necessary
- Media is diversified, driven by integrity not profit
- Corporates no longer share sleeping quarters with politicians
- Wealth is distributed with greater fairness
- Abundance is thought of as a package deal — spiritual, emotional, psychological — not just material
- We make better informed choices about what and how we eat, and rekindle the relationship from food to plate
- Poverty is no longer tolerated
- Creativity is harnessed and considered paramount to human happiness
- Humans live in greater happiness
We think this is a fine place to start. Let us know what you think. What should we add? Comment below, or drop us a line at the mail icon at the top of the page. We’ll be exploring this stuff with you in the weeks and months to come. Stay Tuned!
Photo courtesy of Planetwaves